Job Description :
Assess and coordinate assigned procurement responsibilities of materials, parts, supplies and services to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations on a daily basis.
- - Responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, tools, equipment and services, within established limits for quality, quantity and price guidelines.
- - Prepare and review purchase orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- - Coordinate with vendors to obtain product information such as price to ensure the best deal, availability and delivery schedule are applicable.
- - Monitor price increases and communicate necessary changes as required.
- - Coordinate delivery and expediting of goods.
- - Issue RFP/RFQ to suppliers and review quotations.
- - Works within the company’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- - Work with the warehouse and assist in maintaining inventory levels.
- - Negotiate new supplier contracts, discounts within existing business relationships, terms of payment for orders & opportunities for cost-savings wherever applicable.
- - Identify new vendors that may be able to meet our business needs and establish working relationships with them. Maintenance of existing vendor/supplier relationships is also expected.
Skills / Qualifications :
- - 3-5+ years of experience in a Purchasing capacity/ CPP or SCMP designation would be an asset, Supply Chain Management experience is ideal but not mandatory.
- - Knowledge/Background with Valves and Instrumentation an asset
- - Attentive to detail
- - Ability to work independently and as a team player
- - Self-motivated and deadline driven.
- - Customer focused mentality.
- - Experience with Word and Excel is a must.
Job Type :
8 hours; Monday to Friday
- - Company pension
- - Dental care
- - Employee assistance program
- - Extended health care
- - On-site parking
COVID-19 precaution(s) :
- - Personal protective equipment provided or required
- - Social distancing guidelines in place
- - Virtual Interview
- - Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 to 20 years of experience.
Possess a good working knowledge of:
- - Pressure Vessel Code ASME Section VIII, Division 1.
- - ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code.
- - Heat Exchanger Code TEMA ‘C’ & ‘R’.
Use this knowledge to produce shop fabrication drawings, with Autocad, such as:
- - Vertical/horizontal vessels of all sizes and pressures.
- - Cages, bridles and miscellaneous equipment.
- - Heat exchangers (NEN, BKU, etc.)
The positions main objective is to ensure timely and accurate completion of shop fabrication
Drawings, working closely with Engineering and Project Manager to maintain schedules.