Alco Energy Industries in Edmonton, AB
ALCO Gas & Oil Production Equipment has been an Alberta Company for over 45 years and we are currently looking for someone to join our team.
With our current demand in the industry we are in need of an Applications Technologist/Estimator.
If you are interested in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to learn and further grow your career, this may be the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position consists of the design, quote preparation and estimating of ALCO’s product line, which includes Separators, Indirect Fired Heater Packages, Glycol Dehydration Units, Gas Refrigeration Packages, Amine Sweetening Plants, Fractionation Plants, shell and tube heat exchangers, etc.
• Review of customer bid documents and specifications.
• Effectively communicate with the client and represent the company in a professional manner
• Collaboration with the Process & Mechanical Engineers in the design, equipment sizing and selection for all Alco products.
• Valve and instrument sizing/selection.
• Prepare estimates consisting of labour, equipment, materials, subcontractors, etc.
• Develop technical/commercial exceptions and/or qualifications.
• Solicit material and equipment pricing from sub-vendors.
• Develop process and instrumentation diagrams as well as plant and vessel layout drawings.
• Preparation of ALCO quotation/bid package.
• Provide responses to Post-Bid/Post-Award Clarifications and make pricing/schedule adjustments as required.
• Assist in further development of ALCO standard products.
• Provide technical support to ALCO Sales department and Project Management group for our proposals and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Job specific training will be provided based on level of experience. The following would be considered additional assets.
• 3-5 years industry related experience.
• Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology. CET designation is an asset
• Knowledge of ALCO’s product line or related field experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of common industry related specifications such as ASME Section VIII, ABSA B31.3, CSA B149.3, TEMA, NACE, API, etc.is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form.
• Be organized, proactive and able to multi-task.
• Ability to work as a team player and also able to work independently.
• Be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and continually grow.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Full Time (40hrs)
• 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
• Competitive Salary
• Benefits package (after three (3) months)
• Pension Plan availability after six (6) months.
• Opportunities for further training and education to help grow your career.
Post Date: Dec 31/2018
Closing Date: Jan 30/2019
Please send resume to:
Division Manager, Compression Process Power
ALCO Service: Field Sales, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
This position is responsible for all aspects of field and shop sales. Duties include building relationships with new clients in the field throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. Responsible to establish ALCO Service as a preferred service provider in the Oil & Gas industry in Canada.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and assesses sales opportunities with specific accounts and territories
• Work with existing ALCO customers, and develops relationships with new accounts
• Establishes and maintains long-term business relationships with customers
• Manages the sales relationship through all levels of customers’ organizations
• Recommends solutions based upon customer requirements
• Achieves sales growth targets set out by ALCO management and ALCO priorities
• Provides all aspects of sales account maintenance
• Provides customers with product information
• Provides quotations to customers with product availability, pricing, and order status
• Manages expense budget
• Completes all required reports, forecasts, and other information that is requested
• Conduct simple basic equipment training as necessary for sale & business purpose
• Attending Oil & gas exposition/ event to establish sales opportunities
ALCO offers a very competitive wage and a full benefit package. Please send your resume and cover letter to ALCO Service for review and consideration.
Post Date: Dec 31/2018
Closing Date: Jan 30/2019
Send resume to:
Division Manager, Compression Process Power
ALCO Service: Senior Field Service Technician, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
This position is responsible for performing advanced maintenance functions, procedures, activities and responsibilities associated with working on natural gas compression packages independently. Duties include leading and training other junior level technicians with servicing, troubleshooting, installation, and commissioning of natural gas fired engines, electric driven compressor packages and all process equipment ALCO Gas & Oil manufactures. The purpose of the Sr. Service Technician is to acquire proficiency in performing advanced maintenance, new equipment installation, and overhaul actions with no supervision.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to
• Represents the company in a professional manner at all times while providing outstanding customer service
• Responsible for submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily
• Responsible for directing, coordinating, and performance of the job activities in a manner consistent with the project’s goals and objectives
• Responsible for providing full leadership and training to both new and junior level Field Technicians and ALCO compression and power shop personal
• All duties and responsibilities could include a large amount of travel domestic and international at short notice including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Provides input to Supervisor on personnel and materials needs to provide optimal job planning
• Lead and complete, accurate, and timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field in adverse conditions with no supervision
• Independently lead installation of new units including commissioning and start-up inspections with no supervision
• Must posses plant process knowledge in:
• Glycol Dehydration Packages
• Refrigeration Packages
• Amine Sweetening Facilities
• Separator Packages
• Fractionation Plants
• Shell and Tube type heat Exchangers
• Possess knowledge and ability to perform mechanical inspection using micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic diagnostic equipment and other specialty tools independently
• Must recognize and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location
• Other duties assigned by manager
• Must have 15+ years applicable experience with proof of Certified Journeyman Interprovincial HD/Automotive Mechanic or Millwright
• Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract
• Must have proof of certification from CAT/ Waukesha (or equivalent) to:
o CAT Gas I
o CAT Gas II
o CAT Electrical
o Ariel Basic
o Ariel Mechanical
o CAT 3500 ADEM III
o CAT 3500 ULB
o Waukesha certified
o CAT 3600 ADEM III
o CAT 3600 Master Mechanic
o CAT Failure Analysis
• Must also stay current on all updated OEM model specific training
ALCO offer very competitive wages and a great benefit package. Please forward resume and cover letter to ALCO service for review and consideration.
Alco CNC Industries a division of Alco Energy Industries in Edmonton, AB seeks a full time CNC Machinist for creating quality parts produced on Mazak CNC Milling Machines according to drawings and customer specifications.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to,
- Ensure machined products conform to all customer specific requirements outlined in drawings, travelers and other sub-tier work instructions issued.
- Interpret drawings and work instructions for product specifications: dimensions, tolerances, tooling instructions, fixtures, etc.
- Setup, operate & maintain Mazak Machining Centers to preform precision machining operations.
- Produce parts and make full dimensional inspection reports using measuring instruments.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly, preform basic preventative maintenance function on equipment.
- Experience in programming, set-up and operating Mazak CNC Machining Centers with knowledge of Mastercam and Mazatrol on screen programming to produce parts in a timely manner.
- Interpret drawings and models.
- Knowledge of Mazak Equipment & Machinery CNC 5 axis milling machines.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, attachments & accessories used on various machines.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong intrapersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot any problems that might occur while operating various machines.
- Measurement and quality control practices.
- Strong work ethic and positive team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Initiative and result focused.
Alco offers excellent and safe working conditions, full time employment and competitive wage.
Required experience: 5(+) years
To be considered for this position, email resume with cover letter.