ALCO Inc has provided Manual Machining services to numerous industries in and around Alberta for over 75 years. With the backing of our large in-house machine and fabrication facilities, our fully equipped tool trucks and portable machining equipment there isn’t a job or project too big or too small for us to handle. We are looking for outgoing apprentices and journeyman machinists interested in long and enjoyable career
What we're looking for:
Journeyman Manual Machinists $34.00 - $45.00 HR
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate Manual lathe/mill/ and /or grinding machines as within your scope of education and qualifications and with all safety precautions in place
- Change and set cutting tools. Modify and grind tools as required.
- Adjust feeds and speeds for maximum efficiency
- Measure and inspect parts to ensure dimensions are within tolerance
- Required to work within very close tolerances
- Experience with York and Bortech equipment would be ideal but not necessary.
- Read, study and interpret engineer drawings, blueprints, manuals, specifications, charts and tables
- Overhead Crane Experience
- Must be able to read/write/Speak English fluently.
- Be committed to all ALCO L.P HSE policies and procedures.
- Promote the safety program to all employees.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis Worksheets as required.
- Prepare for jobs and ensure the work carried out safely.
- Complete daily progress reports and job reports.
- Know and understand work site emergency response plans.
- Lead by example.
- Participate in maintaining all equipment in the machine shop in accordance with company preventative maintenance program
- Participate in all HSE inspections are completed and related back to the coinciding departments.
- Responsible for ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed, for example all QC, QA and HSE.
- Reliable transportation
- Experience with hand tools
- Must have safety shoes with 6” ankle coverage
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to do some lifting: Lift up to 50 pounds (not continuous)
- Other various general duties to be assigned
- Full Time (40hrs)
- Friendly and team orientated atmosphere
- Benefits package (after 3 months)
ALCO is looking for someone to join their team, not just fill a position. Please apply via email.