Alco Energy Industries in Edmonton, AB
ALCO Gas & Oil Production Equipment has been an Alberta Company for over 45 years and we are currently looking for someone to join our team.
With our current demand in the industry we are in need of an Applications Technologist/Estimator.
If you are interested in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to learn and further grow your career, this may be the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position consists of the design, quote preparation and estimating of ALCO’s product line, which includes Separators, Indirect Fired Heater Packages, Glycol Dehydration Units, Gas Refrigeration Packages, Amine Sweetening Plants, Fractionation Plants, shell and tube heat exchangers, etc.
• Review of customer bid documents and specifications.
• Effectively communicate with the client and represent the company in a professional manner
• Collaboration with the Process & Mechanical Engineers in the design, equipment sizing and selection for all Alco products.
• Valve and instrument sizing/selection.
• Prepare estimates consisting of labour, equipment, materials, subcontractors, etc.
• Develop technical/commercial exceptions and/or qualifications.
• Solicit material and equipment pricing from sub-vendors.
• Develop process and instrumentation diagrams as well as plant and vessel layout drawings.
• Preparation of ALCO quotation/bid package.
• Provide responses to Post-Bid/Post-Award Clarifications and make pricing/schedule adjustments as required.
• Assist in further development of ALCO standard products.
• Provide technical support to ALCO Sales department and Project Management group for our proposals and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Job specific training will be provided based on level of experience. The following would be considered additional assets.
• 3-5 years industry related experience.
• Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology. CET designation is an asset
• Knowledge of ALCO’s product line or related field experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of common industry related specifications such as ASME Section VIII, ABSA B31.3, CSA B149.3, TEMA, NACE, API, etc.is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form.
• Be organized, proactive and able to multi-task.
• Ability to work as a team player and also able to work independently.
• Be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and continually grow.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Full Time (40hrs)
• 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
• Competitive Salary
• Benefits package (after three (3) months)
• Pension Plan availability after six (6) months.
• Opportunities for further training and education to help grow your career.
Alco CNC Industries a division of Alco Energy Industries in Edmonton, AB seeks a full time CNC Machinist for creating quality parts produced on Mazak CNC Milling Machines according to drawings and customer specifications.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to,
- Ensure machined products conform to all customer specific requirements outlined in drawings, travelers and other sub-tier work instructions issued.
- Interpret drawings and work instructions for product specifications: dimensions, tolerances, tooling instructions, fixtures, etc.
- Setup, operate & maintain Mazak Machining Centers to preform precision machining operations.
- Produce parts and make full dimensional inspection reports using measuring instruments.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly, preform basic preventative maintenance function on equipment.
- Experience in programming, set-up and operating Mazak CNC Machining Centers with knowledge of Mastercam and Mazatrol on screen programming to produce parts in a timely manner.
- Interpret drawings and models.
- Knowledge of Mazak Equipment & Machinery CNC 5 axis milling machines.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, attachments & accessories used on various machines.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong intrapersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot any problems that might occur while operating various machines.
- Measurement and quality control practices.
- Strong work ethic and positive team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Initiative and result focused.
Alco offers excellent and safe working conditions, full time employment and competitive wage.
Required experience: 5(+) years
To be considered for this position, email resume with cover letter.